วันศุกร์ที่ 29 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

When There's A Doubt There Is No Doubt!

Author : Dr. Gary S. Goodman
Yesterday, I had an interesting experience at the car dealership, where I brought my car for service.I had an appointment, having been forced to make one a full week, in advance. I even knew the name of the service consultant with whom I was scheduled to speak.The formality of it all, even before I showed up, alarmed me. It was way, too ceremonial, just for a 25,000 mile service and a possible brake job.That morning, I could feel my stomach tensing; it's the same sensation that I get before I'm going to have a showdown in business. But wait a minute.These aren't my clients; I'm theirs! "Why am I so uptight?" I wondered.I just got the feeling that I was being set up for a rip off.Well sure, you might say; it's a car dealer, c'mon!No, I haven't felt this way about this dealership, before.Something was up.Anyway, I brought the car in at the appointed time, mentioned what was lighting up on my dash, and I left, awaiting a call. I got it and the news was that I needed rear tires, brake pads, rotors, and sensors, a lot of warranty work, and an oil change.It would set me back over $2,000.Excuse me?I was being up-sold, galore. Forget it, just do the oil and the free warranty repairs, I said.Today, I took the car to an AAA certified independent shop. They couldn't find my wheel key; it had mysteriously disappeared, we infer, at the dealership.I suppose they just wanted to make it a little more difficult for me to get the brake work done, elsewhere.This reminds me of the line from the movie, "Ronin," with Robert De Niro and Jean Reno. De Niro was a CIA operative having a conversation with another agent, one from French intelligence, and he said, "When there's a doubt, there is no doubt!"This means, trust your gut. If you think you're being ripped off, or something is crooked, go no farther.That doubt, alone, is sufficient to tell you there IS a doubt; you're not dealing with somebody you can trust.Don't walk away; drive, that is, if your car still works, at all!Dr. Gary S. Goodman, President of www.Customersatisfaction.com, is a popular keynote speaker, management consultant, and seminar leader and the best-selling author of 12 books, including Reach Out & Sell Someone® and Monitoring, Measuring & Managing Customer Service, and the audio program, "The Law of Large Numbers: How To Make Success Inevitable," published by Nightingale-Conant. He is a frequent guest on radio and television, worldwide. A Ph.D. from USC's Annenberg School, a Loyola lawyer, and an MBA from the Peter F. Drucker School at Claremont Graduate University, Gary offers programs through UCLA Extension and numerous universities, trade associations, and other organizations in the United States and abroad. He holds the rank of Shodan, 1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate. He is headquartered in Glendale, California, and he can be reached at (818) 243-7338 or at: gary@customersatisfaction.com
Keyword : call center training,sales training,customer servic training,telemarket training,karate,martial arts

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: